Metal roofs are a common choice, both in new construction and when an aging roof needs to be replaced. Metal roofing products can be made from a variety of metals, including galvanized steel, copper, aluminum, or tin, and they can use several different installation systems.
There are a great many advantages to a metal roof to consider. If you are thinking to replace the roof of your home, then you need some experienced people to install new roofing. You can navigate to https://metalroofmontreal.ca/fr/ to hire certified professionals for metal roof installation services.
Although initially much more expensive than an asphalt shingle roof (for example), a metal roof lasts much, much longer, and in the final measure is usually the better investment. Some insurers even offer homeowners a discount on their premiums for metal roofs.
Among the many advantages of a metal roof:
- The life expectancy is 50 to 75 years or even more vs. the 15 to 25 years of life for an asphalt shingle roof.
- The surface reflects heat, lowering cooling costs in hot climates.
- They are less susceptible to leaking than shingles when installed correctly.
- They resist wind damage better than other roofing choices.
- Metal roofs are fireproof, making them good choices in areas where wildfire is a risk.
- Metal roofs are recyclable when they reach the end of their useful life.