A bakery is a type of business that makes bread, pastries, cakes and other baked goods. A confectionery is a type of business that makes candy, chocolates and other sweet treats.
There are five main types of bakery businesses:
1) Cakes and Cookies: This type of business specializes in baking cakes and cookies.
2) Biscuit and Donut Businesses: This type of business specializes in baking biscuits and donuts.
3) Pastry Shops: This type of business specializes in selling pastries, such as pies, pastries, and croissants.
4) Bread Bakeries: This type of business specializes in making bread.
5) Cake Bakery: This type of business specializes in making cakes.
You can visit this website to know about the bakery business classifications which are based on their method of production: hand-made, automated, ovenless, microwave, and frozen.
Image Source: Google
1. Hand-made Bakery: This type of bakery is made by hand and typically produces bread, pastries, and cakes. This type of bakery is usually more expensive than other types of bakeries because the ingredients must be hand-picked and prepared by the bakery staff.
2. Automated Bakery: This type of bakery uses machinery to produce bread, pastries, and cakes. Automated bakeries are cheaper to operate than hand-made bakeries because they require less staff.
3. Ovenless Bakery: This type of bakery does not use an oven to cook the breads or pastries. Instead, the breads and pastries are cooked in a hot water bath or in a convection oven.
4. Microwave Bakery: The heating system of a 'Microwave+Oven' is a bit more complex and throws heat from all sides and hence helps in the baking process.