Vitamin B12 (also known as cobalamin) is the most complex and largest vitamin. Vitamin B12 can be obtained by herbivores like cows and sheep through bacterial fermentation in their stomachs. However, omnivores have a less efficient digestive system and can only get vitamin B12 from animal products or supplementation.
Vitamin B12 is very important in the growth cycle of humans. Other than natural resources, one can also buy vitamin b12 spray online for quick results.
What does Vitamin B12 do for the body?
- Vitamin B12 is essential for proper brain function, nerve system functioning, and blood production.
- In relation to the brain, vitamin B12 is responsible for creating myelin. This is a fatty covering that protects neurons. The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle describes cutting-edge research that shows the importance of myelin in the development of any cognitive skill.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for the optimal functioning of many other parts of the brain and nervous systems. Vitamin B12 also supports memory and other cognitive functions. Vitamin B12, which is related to blood, is an important component in the production of hemoglobin.
- Vitamin B12 Good Sources: Food and Supplement Options.
- Vitamin B12 is difficult to manufacture industrially because of its complex structure. B12 supplements can be found readily and many foods have been artificially enhanced with vitamin B12, particularly for those that are not allergic to certain animal products.
- Animal products are the best and most reliable source of vitamin B12. This is why vegetarians and vegans often experience B12 deficiency. Vitamin B12 is found in almost all meats, eggs, and milk. Organ and offal meats like liver and giblets are the richest sources.