Pallets are one of the most common ways for manufacturing and material-handling industries to transport and move their machines, materials, and products.
Top quality custom pallets protect goods, expedite the loading and unloading process, and pack and store more compactly.
Pallets can be tailored to your application in size, design, load capacity, and more.
Will this pallet be used primarily for storage, for inter-warehouse or plant transportation, for external shipments, or for something else entirely? The answer to this question determines what design features you will care about most.
This is where you consider the good’s size, weight capacity, and what features the pallet might need to hold your goods in place.
Custom designed pallets will most likely cost more than standard pallets because they require some design. However, a custom designed pallet better protects your product and in the long run will save you money and headaches over damaged parts, unnecessary transportation costs, and space-consuming merchandise.
Benefits of Custom Wood Pallets
When it comes to pallets, it may be tempting to think all pallets are the same. But one size does not fit all. Using a pallet that is sized and designed to properly support your goods can accomplish the following:
- Better protects your goods
- Better supports your goods
- Reduces damage to fragile machines or goods
- Optimizes space in your warehouse and trucks
- Decreases material waste when you downsize your pallets
- Increases cost-efficiency when you don’t pay for size and weight capacity you don’t need
- Improves safety with a pallet built to support the weight you need